Preparing the Offer
When you view a home on the market that you really want, you can hardly wait to be handed the keys. In fact, you may worry that the property will somehow slip through your fingers. No need to worry, you have got an expert by your side…Me. My job, as your REALTOR®, is to ensure you get that home – and at a price that works for you.
The first step is preparing the Offer. This is the document I present to the seller that basically states the price you are offering, as well as any conditions.
The price we go in with is critical. You want it to reflect the true market value of the property so the seller will take your offer seriously. On the other hand, you do not want to go in too high and risk overpaying for the home.
AS your REALTOR®, I look after your interests throughout the entire process.
How the Process Works
When you decide to make an offer on a home, here is what typically happens:
- I will recommend a price that has the best chance of being accepted by the seller, without over-paying for the home.
- Obviously, sellers prefer offers that have no conditions. However, I may suggest a condition, such as passing a professional home inspection, be included for your protection. We will talk about that.
- I will prepare the necessary documents and present your offer to the seller and his or her agent personally.
- If the offer is not accepted, or if the seller makes a counter-offer, I will work with the seller’s agent, skillfully negotiating on your behalf to make a deal.
- I will communicate with you throughout the entire process. You are never in the dark when you work with me.
- Once the seller agrees to a deal, I will help lead you through removal of any conditions and closing the deal. Then, the home is yours. Congratulations!
I realize that making an offer can seem like the nail-biting part of the process. It does not have to be. That is the advantage of selecting a REALTOR® who, like me, puts clients first. When you go after a property you really want, you can take comfort in knowing you have an advocate on your side.
Have questions about making an offer? Please submit the form below or call or email me.